Costa del.......Pittenweem!

I had a brilliant day with some friends on Friday at the Pittenween Arts Festival. It was a glorious, sunny day and the whole of the East Neuk looked gorgeous.  It's the first year that I've been to the Arts Festival and I'll definately be back! I've put together a board on Pinterest of my bestest favourites!!


We saw some fantastic work and in no particular order of fabulousness, loved the work by Anita Hutchison, Susie Lacome, Hilke MacIntyre, Susan McGill, Dot Sim, Weft Textile Studio and Workshop (actually a shop on the quay side SO, SO, SO, worth a visit anytime!), Frances Wilson (couldn't find a website for her, but this is a link to a profile of her AND it's got photos of her stunningly beautiful, gorgeous, fabulously lovely porcelain.  I can't tell you how much I'd love to own some of this.......but I fear it would not mix well with two small boys.  Well MY boys anyway!!) Alison Midson at The Backgate Gallery (sadly no photos of her linocuts, they are lovely!)  Heather Cunningham. I think I've exhaused my vocabulary of "lovely" adjectives!

My preparations for Perthshire Open Studios are now well underway.  Just as well because it's only 3 and a bit weeks until it starts! I'm excited, nervous and terrified all in equal measure! I've almost finished painting the studio and I can't believe how much better it looks.  It's been on the "to do" list for at least 3 years but other "more essential" things kept overtaking it.  I'll post some before and after photies when it's all done.

Comments

Popular Posts