The Art Market and Scone Game Fair

What a whirlwind the last 3 weeks have been!  All the preparing, travelling, setting up, chatting, selling, taking down and travelling for The Art Market in Holmfirth and Scone Game Fair have left my studio in a total and utter bombsite and me as a slightly vague, dishevelled wifie.....OK as MORE of a slightly vague, dishevelled wifie!!

But we have just come back from a fabulous weekend at the boat.  I spent Saturday doing nothing, and when I say nothing I really mean it! I stayed on the boat as anchor watch while John, the boys and the dog rowed ashore to the castle and the beach.  I lay in the sunshine listening to the radio and snoozing.  I didn't pick up a book or a pencil or anything.  I really can't remember the last time I've spent so long just..........being.  Long overdue and so needed!

Anyway I've come back renewed and rejuvenated and red faced! Note to self, if you're going to LIE in the sunshine please try and remember to put sun cream on you face! It's going brown now, thank goodness!

In true Louise McLaren style I do not have a SINGLE photo of my stall (or anyone else) at The Art Market, however The Art Market Blog has a lovely roundup of the weekend here, and if you scroll down you will see a picture of yours truly clutching my very exciting and hugely unexpected Special Commendation for stand design! I've got it framed, next to my Cycling Proficiency and 50m front crawl certificates!

And I also have NO photos from Scone Game Fair, however 3D2D who organised the Craft tent have a Facebook page here, with photos of some of the exhibitors goodies!

I will have some photos for you later on in the week of what we have come to call "The Great Bee Saga of 2013"........never a dull moment here!

Comments

Popular Posts