This year I will.......................................

Well howdy doody folks! It's a little but belated but I hope you all had a fabulous festive period filled with whatever and whomever makes you very happy!

We all had a good time, this year was the first the Johnny (who is 4....and a half!) has really been properly excited about Christmas, the "How many sleeps is it now Mummy?" "Is it Christmas Eve today?" type questions started as soon as the first window in the advent calendar (Lego Starwars, shared between them both!) was opened! The lead up to the big day was filled with Nativity plays, Christmas parties, visiting friend and relations to deliver and collect present, last minute shopping and then..........all too soon it was time for the decorations to come down and "real life" to return!
 
No more long(ish) lies in, no more lounging in jimjams until lunch time, no more chocolate for breakfast and the seemingly endless rain we had at the start of the month, days and days filled with rain, not even drizzle but proper, persistent rain.....bleurgh!
 
So my plan to have my word for the year picked and settled by the time "real life" returned stalled slightly in the stark face of grey January reality and I've only now got it settled in my mind. 
 
Last year I was inspired to pick a word for the year rather than making those vague "get fit and be more organised" type resolutions that I always had done before.  You can have a look at last years word and the thinking behind my choice here http://craftylou2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/this-year-i-willt-h-r-i-v-e.html  
 
Choosing a word certainly helped me keep a sense of perspective and a focus on how I wanted the year to develop for me and so to this years choice.................................................................*drumroll*
 
 
This year I will....................................SHINE!
I will excel, I will improve upon and I will accomplish.  And not in a flash (oh no!) in a radiant, glimmering, gleaming, shimmering, sparkle of  flair and talent!
 
And now because I've written it down and all of you know, I'll have to!
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. What a fab word you've chosen and how much more inspiring it is than a list of 'to do's......great idea. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your word…wondering if I can contact you via email? Not on Facebook and would like to ask you a little something!!!

    www.maddiemoes.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts